Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August 31 – “Better. Way better”

It was Monday, so we went back to our three mile walk with ten treks up and down the deck steps.  I suppose it’s getting a little easier.  Maybe I’m getting to be a “regular” at this sweaty, exercise-y business.  I still prefer Tuesdays and Thursdays, though.  Those are water aerobics days.  Better.  Way better. 

 

Back home and all showered up, I got started on my Monday work.  Bible study and sermon prep.  I was hard at it when I suddenly realized I had been staring at the screen at the same line of typing for … I don’t know how long.  I glanced over at the clock.  To my surprise, I had been typing non-stop for a solid 45 minutes. 

 

I stood up.  Well, I creaked to a standing position.  I have reached the stage where I need to get up and move the old body for a few minutes every so often or it gets really stiff.  This time it was … really stiff.  I walked around a few minutes, then went out in the backyard to see what Chris was up to.  That ended up in me helping her trim some trees and pull a few weeds.  I did return to my desk soon after, but I ended up doing a boatload of telephone errands (Is that even a thing?). 

 

Well, it looks like our Hawaiian cruise is a go.  Chris and I and two couples we know from the Arlington area will be joining a boatload (literally) of our as-yet unknown closest friends.  We received word last night about the availability of rooms and deposits and the like.  The cruise isn’t until 2023, though.  We are really praying things calm down by then. 

 

Ephesians 6:12 says, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”

 

Father, we’re still praying for the folks in Louisiana.  Hear their cries for help and send just what they need.  Amen.

No comments: