Tuesday, August 17, 2021

August 17 – “Happy birthday, Chris”

Yes, today is the birthday of my beautiful bride.  Thank you many times over to her parents for their part in her production.  Thanks more to the Lord for his part in molding her into the woman of grace she is today.  I am one blessed guy. 

 

Yesterday was a simple one.  I can use a few simple ones every now and then.  I walked a three-miler with Chris.  She is a tough task-master.  Doesn’t ever slow down.  We saw our neighbor taking a ride on his scooter.  Not so unusual.  But he had his little son with him.  Neither had on a shirt.  Both wore shorts.  And both had on matching sunglasses.  Jon and his mini-version.  Very cute. 

 

We did make a quick WalMart run.  Fruit replenishment time again.  And milk.  And eggs.  The usual.  I did get in some extra steps.  Ended up at almost four miles for the day. 

 

That trip was the break from my Monday computer work.  I got started on the Thursday Bible study preparations.  Also started pulling together what I will need for the worship time on Sunday. 

 

And that’s about it for this particular simple day.  Now to see what Chris’ birthday brings …

 

Matthew 6:7-8 says, “And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.  Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.”

 

Father, thank you for the amazing gift you gave me in Chris.  Keep her safe and healthy.  And above all, happy.  Amen.

 

No comments: