Friday, August 20, 2021

August 20 – “Class clown?”

Water exercise class.  Water aerobics.  Water therapy.  Jumping around in a big swimming pool.  I guess all designations are appropriate.  We hit the water again yesterday.  Well, Chris slowly lowered herself in by gently easing herself down the ladder on the side of the pool.  But me?  Well …

 

We were a little late.  Important to the explanation of my actions.  The teacher had already begun her explanatory gyrations from the outside of the pool.  And it just so happened that our arrival placed us … just behind her.  Come on.  How could I resist? 

 

As we walked up, I joined in her jumping from side to side as we moved to a table to drop off our towels.  Her lack of awareness of my presence, much less of my escapades behind her, led me – nay, demanded - that I continue.  Just one more.  She began the exercise wherein we mimic the actions of a cross country skier in the water.  Perfect.  I jumped several times -right foot in front, left foot in front - until I was at the water’s edge.  And then I continued. 

 

I imagine the splash would have cost me a point or two in Olympic diving competitions, and nearby ladies were less than enthusiastic to be a bit wetter than they already were (if that is possible.  After all, they were standing in a swimming pool).  But it was fun for most of the class.  Not that I received an ovation or anything, but the ensuing laughter did lighten up the mood for the day.  And I didn’t have to stand in the corner or get sent to the principal’s office or anything.  Now, what can I do next time?  Hmm …

 

Isaiah 26:4 says, “Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.”

 

Father, thank you for the fun we have in the midst of exercising.  Or at least for the good sports who have to put up with me.  Amen.

No comments: