Sunday, August 8, 2021

August 8 – “All wet …”

Our big news for yesterday turned out to be all wet.  No.  I mean literally all wet.  We decided to try out the Saturday water exercise class for the first time.  This one didn’t start until 9 a.m. though, rather than the usual 7.  I guess you’re supposed to sleep in on the weekend, huh?  Problem was, that allowed the sun to get that much higher in the sky.  And it was plenty bright.  And hot. 

 

The pool itself was packed.  A lot more people than our usual Tuesday/Thursday group.  I did like this teacher, though.  She knew her stuff and led us through quite the aerobic workout.  Chris told me she got started teaching because she had some kind of accident that shattered her leg.  Water therapy was all she could do to get back in shape, and now she teaches it.  Gotta say … I was really beat this time.  We had to do a lot of twists and turns, and that really bothers my lower back and side (The side that I lost muscle tone on when I fell and injured that disc in my thoracic area).  I made it through, though.  Pat me on the back.

 

Back home I ended up falling asleep on the couch as we attempted to watch the Olympics.  Hey, it’s not easy to stay engaged in a 10,000 meter race – or a marathon.  Wake me a little closer to the end.  Speaking of “wake me,” I was in bed and asleep by around 10:30.  Of course that meant I was awake at 5 this morning.  So I will get in my chance to go over the teaching again.  Better get started …

 

Proverbs 23:24 says, “The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.”

 

Father, would you join us this morning at Seaside?  Amen.

No comments: