Saturday, August 7, 2021

August 7 – “Some good stuff”

I joined Chris on her walk yesterday.  We passed an estate sale a few streets over.  Well, not “passed” exactly.  OK.  Not “passed” at all.  We went in.  Almost went for the lawn chairs in the garage.  Chris liked a few of the “old-lady” hats.  She thought they might be fun for our girl-type grandkids.  I saw one of those old view-master viewers and some cartridges for it.  That would have been a real find, but it was more than I cared to pay.  Not like it was baseball cards or anything.  Speaking of cards, I did see an interesting trivia card game.  The only other thing that caught my fancy was a very cool stuffed crab.  Almost invited him to join our menagerie.  But we had just started our walk, so sadly, nothing joined us.  Estate sales.  Always fun.

 

After some lunch we hit the road for our afternoon of errands.  First stop was the post office to mail some packages.  That was just a matter of waiting in line … for a long time.  Next we went to Academy.  This is tax-free weekend for school clothes and shoes, so that means an opportunity to get me some tennis shoes.  The ones I have reached the point of deterioration that they squeak loudly.  It’s only when I walk, though.  I guess they could have lasted a while longer.  As it turned out, I did find some that fit really well.  And they are relatively quiet.  Chris also found me a pair of water shoes.  My other ones completely fell off at exercise class the other day.  I got a size smaller.  We’ll see how these work. 

 

Last night we decided to drive out to Jamaica Beach to JeMocha Bean to listen to some music by Jim and the Salty Sounds band.  Janell and Brennan and their relatives were there.  So were Cathy and Lauren and Ed and Marianne and Sonya.  And the crowd of obvious “regulars.”  I tried something different to drink this time.  No, nothing exotic.  Just hot chocolate.  The kind that is made with real milk that is fast-heated and topped with whipped cream.  Good stuff. 

 

Romans 15:5 says, “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.”

 

Father, thank you for the interesting and fun ways we have found to be together.  Amen.

No comments: