Wednesday, August 25, 2021

August 25 – “On the agenda …”

We hit water exercise class with a vengeance once again yesterday.  Started out pretty intense, too.  Very aerobic.  That’s a classy way of saying I had a hard time getting started, so I was winded from the outset.  The workout did settle down as we moved through it, though.  The teacher switched from aerobics to working on arm strength.  Not as much jumping and bobbing and weaving.  I still like it.  Better than walking three miles and getting hot and sweaty.  That’s on the agenda for today when Chris gets up, I’m pretty sure. 

 

Yesterday was one of those catch-up days at the computer.  Since that funeral kept me away from my desk all day, I had to get Monday’s work done as well.  And Monday’s work is always the most involved of the whole week.  I’m not sure what my Mondays are going to look like when I retire.  I imagine I’ll find something to do …

 

Speaking of retiring, Chris has been in research mode for travel plans.  So far our bucket list trip to cruise the islands of Hawaii looks to be still on the table.  Of course that’s not until Spring of 2023.  I heard that Hawaii was closing back down again because of Covid, so maybe we’ll be able to sneak in during the next open phase.  It looks like we may not get on the cruise to Belize, Honduras and Cozumel, though.  Been hearing some “concerning” things about Belize in particular and how they are dealing with cruise passengers on excursions.  Covid protocols and all.  That’s one that will be offered numerous times in the future, though.  Guess we will have to focus on some domestic trips.  Chris has a whole page full of those as well.  Western-ish U.S. (no California).  North Dakota and Vermont (no connection between the two.  We’ve just never been there).  We may be going back to Florida in May for a high school baseball tournament.  North and South Carolina have been mentioned, as has Pennsylvania.  And I heard Banff at one point as well.  So much to choose from.  I say just make a checklist and start at the top.  We’ll work our way through until we get done or run out of money, one or the other. 

 

2 Corinthians 4:16 says, “Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.”

 

Father, thank you for days of quiet peace.  We all need that every so often.  Amen.

No comments: