Thursday, August 5, 2021

August 5 – “Kids’ stuff”

Our day was once again wrapped up in kids’ stuff.  Well, not all of it, exactly.  Chris was able to get in her walk.  She has been amazing in keeping up with her training.  Guess she has been Olympics-inspired.  I stayed with the kids.  They were still asleep when she left.  She got home in plenty of time to beat the rain, too. 

 

Then she had physical therapy on her arm in the afternoon.  Once again, I was the designated kid-sitter.  And the kids did great.  Brennan came over again.  They played video games in the office or occasionally joined me to watch the Olympics or work on our jigsaw puzzle.  Micah is pretty good at the whole puzzle thing. Very determined when he sees a vacancy he wants fulfilled.  And he was working upside down.  Well, the puzzle was upside down to him.  He was on the opposite side of the table. 

 

After PT she had to take the Littles to karate.  I did help with that one a little bit.  I got Ezra dressed.  Hey, I wouldn’t want to get out of my jammies either, if I didn’t have to.  But he didn’t even question my motives.  Just got it done.  He did the same thing for me the other night at bath time.  No problems at all.  He jumped right in the tub.  Even let me wash his hair and rinse it with the famous hand-held shower attachment.  Great fun. 

 

My job with the older ones was rather simple.  Be there.  Oh, and heat up the pizza.  I did that, too.  I was a regular little Maxwell Housewife-husband-father-grandfather-ish …

 

Kel and Christina got back into town in the early evening and redeemed the kids.  Just in time for the Astros late game with the Dodgers.  Micah and Jachin wanted to stay and watch the game, but Mom and Dad wanted the whole family back in the fold.  As it turned out, the Astros lost.  There were a few good moments, though.  Tucker’s home run in the top of the ninth put them within two, but they just ran out of innings.  But the absolute best play of the night?  Correa faced Joe Kelly.  Last time that happened Kelly threw a pitch behind Correa’s back, then taunted him.  Inspired a whole graffiti wall painting of Kelly’s pouty face back in LA.  This time?  Correa smashed a home run.  Didn’t even do a bat flip.  Just casually dropped his bat and trotted around the bases, totally ignoring his opponent on the mound.  Much classier. 

 

Psalms 130:5 says, “I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.”

 

Father, thank you that Kel and Christina had a good mini-trip away.  Please use that time of rest to rejuvenate them.  Amen.

No comments: