Wednesday, August 4, 2021

August 4 – “Explosion”

Gotta say at the outset, last night I watched the best baseball game I have seen in a very long time.  The Astros and Dodgers were embroiled in a pitching duel.  Both were amazing.  The Astros managed a single run on two doubles, and that was all the scoring for a long time.  Well, until Alvarez hit a two-run homer to put them ahead 3-0.  And that’s how it stayed the rest of the way.  The game was only marred by fights in the stands and fans throwing debris on the field.  The Dodgers pitcher even seemed disgusted at his home crowd.  Maybe things will be better tonight.

 

Back to journaling.  I got up early yesterday to go to water exercise.  That was the deal Chris and I made since we have the youngsters here this week.  I walked to the truck, got inside, even started it up.  And only then did the bottom drop out of the sky.  It started raining.  Hard.  Nope.  No class today.

 

When I went out to get the newspaper, I heard a loud explosion.  I recognized the sound right away, but it took me a while to track where it had come from.  I finally recognized the blown transformer a block or two away, out by Jones Park.  But then the backlash started a sparking, then a large fiery glow on the pole right behind my neighbor’s house.  It didn’t catch completely, though, and eventually faded.  Bet someone was without electricity yesterday.  Oh, and when I finally realized that an all-out fire wasn’t going to happen, I also figured out that I was standing out in the rain.  That counts as water exercise, right?

 

Romans 3:23-24 says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ.”

 

Father, thank you for the rain.  Our grass and plants sure do appreciate it.  Amen.

No comments: