Friday, August 27, 2021

August 27 – “Date night!”

We started out the day at water exercise again.  For some strange reason, as we walked up to the pool, the teacher accosted me and said she heard I was gunning for her job.  Something about me mimicking her actions behind her back before I jumped in the water one day when we were late.  Apparently someone misread an earlier blog in which I mentioned, but never admitted the remote possibility that I may or may not have performed said alleged mockings.  And they were certainly not actual mockings. More … “interpretations.”  If they did happen, and I’m not saying they did, mind you, I’m sure they were all in good fun.  I didn’t respond to her verbally at all.  I just quietly did an on-land cross-country ski “interpretation” over to our table to get ready. 

 

The rest of the day was spent mostly at the computer.  I alternated between going over the teaching for Sunday and updating the church directory for Kel.  That meant sitting at my desk pretty much all day.  Always great fun.

 

Last night we had home group.  We did the story of Sisera and Jael from the Book of Judges.  Not exactly the consummate love story.  He was, however, somewhat “stuck” on her (or would that be stuck BY her?).  And she did all she could to prevent him from ever leaving her side.  Such a sad day in romantic paradise.  You need to read that one.  Judges 4.

 

We have a special treat date night planned for tonight.  Some friends invited us to join them at an Astros game.  Certainly exciting enough an event to get my heart racing.  But here’s the thing … first, they play the Rangers, so there is a good chance for victory, even with Odorizzi on the mound.  And second … the game is in Arlington.  Yep.  We hare hitting the road to see the Astros play the Rangers in Arlington.  I’ve never been to a game where I would be cheering for the visiting team.  I have my Biggio jersey ready to go …

 

Matthew 7:8 says, “For everyone who asks, receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.”

 

Father, thank you for the rain.  Would you temper the bigger storm that is coming this direction?  Amen.

No comments: