Wednesday, November 11, 2020

November 11 – “Covid-ization required … again”

Chris went to the church yesterday.  She was determined to get it cleaned up - and smelling like it - before we start back to inside worship this Sunday.  And she wasn’t along.  Amber and Cathy both came up to join her in the efforts.  Sounds like the biggest culprit to be tackled was the residue from the tape that the election officials had used to mark where people could stand during the elections.  I understand the ladies were on their hands and knees even, doing some scrubbing.  Thanks, ladies.  Appreciate them on Sunday when you enter the building.

 

In the afternoon Chris had to go get Covid-ized again.  Yep.  Another swab crammed up her nose.  What great fun.  She is having an echocardiogram tomorrow, so the Covid-ization is required.  Her doctor is trying to figure out why her blood pressure is so out of whack, and Chris’ family history is not the greatest as far as heart stuff is concerned.  We’ll see …

 

While she was gone April came by to pick up the box our TV came in.  Her aunt needs it for something, so we have been saving it for her.  Since she was here anyway, I asked her to give me the flu shot I got from the hospital pharmacy.  Never felt a thing.

 

April also let us use their Venmo account to pay the deposit for the gigantic family photo session we have scheduled the Saturday after Thanksgiving (after the Turkey Bowl).  Yep … Venmo.  I didn’t know what that was.  Sounded like a cheap Italian wine to me.  I had heard of PayPal, though, so I thought it might be similar.  I figured April would know.  And she did.  Great to have a younger generation around that doesn’t mind being patient with the Boomers of the world.  Well, at least with this Boomer …

 

Matthew 18:20 says, “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

 

Father, thank you for April’s patience and for her willingness to help us get that deposit taken care of.  It’s always good to have another box checked off.  Amen.

No comments: