Tuesday, November 10, 2020

November 10 – “A real field test”

I tried to get back into the swing of work things again yesterday.  After all, it was Monday, and since the plan is for me to be back teaching again on Sunday, I have a lot to do this week.  In a nutshell, I found it difficult to stay comfortable sitting for a long time.  I suspected as much.  Chris suggested I put a pillow behind me to give my back a different level of support.  And guess what?  It pretty much worked.  That lady is so worth keeping around.  I still got tired and had to get up and walk around every so often, but I managed much longer stints.  Maybe it will only take me two or three days to finish Monday instead of all week. 

 

Then we did a real field test.  Not just a quick jaunt to Randall’s to pick up medicine.  Oh, no.  This one was a full-on grocery run to … WalMart.  Up and down all the grocery aisles.  And I made it the whole way.  Guess I may have looked a bit tired at times, though.  Chris regularly stopped and asked if I was OK.  I didn’t really feel any problem until we got back home.  I tried to get some more work done, but my back kind of tightened up again.  Maybe today will be a little better. 

 

Big topic of discussion this morning … Chris’ phone has just about seen all of its better days.  She couldn’t get onto the internet at all today.  In fact her Words With Friends screen was just completely blank.  Guess she will be receiving her Christmas present a month or so early this year.  Now we just have to figure out when we can go get one …

 

Hebrews 11:1 says, “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”

 

Father, thank you for the amazing things you have allowed folks to discover over the years.  Help us to remember, though, that all we really need is you.  Amen.

No comments: