Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31 – “Postponed”

 

OK.  That's an answer to prayer that came in a strange way.  A way that makes you wonder.  I was really praying that something would happen to change the baptisms for tonight.  It was 39 degrees all day, and was supposed to get colder tonight.  I was ready to do the baptisms at the beach, but I honestly was not looking forward to it.  Then this afternoon I got the call.  The service was postponed for a few weeks because one guy had a family emergency and the other guy was sick.    Now, I hate that their circumstances were what they were.  And I know that my prayer didn't make that guy sick.  It's just one of those times that makes you wonder.  But I was happy. 

 

And here's the paradox.  I was happy, because I felt horrible all day.  I have been coughing from up stuff from the lungs.  And sneezing.  And blowing my nose.  And aching all over.  I didn't tell Chris.  She had to go to Bay City again tonight – and christen that new car with its first cross country trip.  I'm sure she knew I didn't feel good, but maybe I hid some of it.  (Sure). 

 

Nathan called awhile ago to see if I would watch Cailyn while April goes to class tomorrow from 8 to 11.  I told him I would, only because she already has a cold.  I don't think I could make her any sicker.  I'm supposed to call later if I get to feeling worse.  We'll see.

 

I found out something exciting today.  One of the ladies who has been coming for several weeks feels called by God to help raise money for Seaside and Seaside Christian Academy.  It's what she does for a living.  That came at just the right time.  We also have had several new folks who are excited about coming and getting involved.  More answers.  Keep 'em coming.

 

1 Chronicles 29:10-13 says, "Praise be to you, O Lord, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.  11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours.  Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.  12 Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things.  In your  hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.  13 Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."

 

Father, yes.  Praise you.  Amen.


No comments: