Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26 – “Fritz the Turtle”

Now of our two dogs, Fritz is by far the most active.  He is, after all, the younger one.  And our new energy efficient back door is made so that in order to open it, you have to unlock it, which makes a loud clicking noise.  Then you push the door knob, which makes another noise.  So put those two together.  Every time anyone goes out the back door, Fritz hears it.  It matters not how quiet you think you are, Fritz will hear.  And when he hears, he leaps into action.  He races out through their doggie door on the other side of the house and greets the new arrival into his back yard domain.  Last night I was cleaning up some stuff in the garage and on the back porch.  One time I walked through the house toward the garage.  Both dogs were safely hidden away, sleeping in their room over by the washing machine.  Until I clicked the lock.  Fritz woke up from a dead sleep and raced for the door.  But something was wrong.  His legs weren't moving as fast as they usually do.  And – what was that? – he was caught, trapped by his own kennel.  He yelped.  Again.  Again. He dragged it behind him, screeching its metal frame across the tile floor, crashing into the metal of the dryer.  I got over there as fast as I could.  And just as I arrived, whatever was holding him to his house, released him.  He leapt through the dog door, determined to get as far away from that kennel as he could. 

 

I pushed the kennel back into its corner and got started cleaning up the floor.  He had a little more scared out of him than his wits.  As I finished up mopping, I finally saw his scrawny little dog head, peaking through the door.  It took awhile, but he finally came back inside.  And I think he actually slept in that evil kennel last night.  Fritz the Turtle?  Carry his home on his back?  Not so much.

 

I went into the school today to try to get a better handle on what's going on, since I'm back to being the interim headmaster again.  I was impressed with the way they are handling a tough situation.  I have a lot of work to do in that realm now: individual study packets, work study packets, recruiting new teachers, watching the budget.  I've got it all on my list.  Along with figuring out which Toyota Rav4 to get.  Chris found three more to look at.

 

Psalms 101:1-2 says, "I will sing of your love and justice; to you, O Lord, I will sing praise.  2 I will be careful to lead a blameless life — when will you come to me?"

 

Father, that's quite a commitment.  Help me with that blameless life part.  Amen.


No comments: