Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11 – “Little League Sacrifice”

 

I had a weird experience yesterday.  When we finally got home from church I sat on the couch to watch a movie and some football.  Within ten minutes I was completely overwhelmed with fatigue.  I was so exhausted that I couldn't even get up to pour me a glass of Chris' sweet tea.  I really don't like being so wasted that I can't stop myself from sleeping.  I also got kind of scared when I realized that some of my joints are aching again, and my elbow has barked at me onec or twice as well.  It's not happening nearly as often as it did before this latest round of medicine change, though.  I found out that the fatigue is most likely a side effect of the new medication.  I'm tired of taking medicine.

 

We got some sad news when the mailman arrived.  A good friend of ours in Denver, Bill Boyer, died back in November.  He's the guy we always buy our coffee from.  Great stuff, by the way.  I'll miss talking to him.  He was one of just a few people I have ever known who would get so excited he would cry when hearing about someone coming into God's kingdom.

 

All three of our Galveston grandkids came by to see us today.  Nathan and April were working on her upcoming first birthday party Sunday.  They needed to use the computer to copy off some address labels.  Christina brought the boys by so Jachin could hit us up for some Little League candy.  It's his first year, and he is really excited about it.  Thing is, they don't start practicing until march.  Games start after Spring Break.  That's a lot of time to sell candy..  I decided to do my part to encourage his entry into the wonderful world of baseball.  It was a great sacrifice, but I forced myself to buy the Nestle's Crunch-like bar as well as some mint melt-aways.  And of course I had to get Chris whatever she wanted.  Ah, the sacrifices of a Little League granddad.

 

Chris left not long after the boys did.  She has another Bay City run tonight.  Her Mom and Dad both have appointments tomorrow.  It's not chemo, though, so it shouldn't be as long a day as usual.  She is planning to come on home tomorrow night.  I miss her again.

 

1 Corinthians 1:4-9 says, "I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 5 For in him you have been enriched in every way — in all your speaking and in all your knowledge— 6 because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you. 7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.. 8 He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful."

 

Father, say hi to Bill for me, please.  I know he's happy with you.  Amen.


No comments: