Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17 – “Spastic”

 

Worship was really great today.  The music in particular was very good.  The praise band sounded great, and the people really sang out.  Last night I got the overwhelming urge to start praying for God to do something so incredible that it could only be explained by the fact that He did it.  I could sure come up with a short list for Him if he asked me: people becoming believers and getting baptized every week, the money to finish the school building showing up, leaders being called out and responding to the call by taking charge of specific projects..  I realized that it might be something that seems so unlikely to me that I miss it: a hug from Keith, meeting someone's relative, getting the letter out for camp.  Any of those could have eternal significance that I may never know about.  Wow.  I sure hope he does something I can see.

 

I realized today that God has already given us a battle plan for "what we are supposed to be doing" as his body.  It's in Acts 2:42-27.  We're supposed to worship, disciple, fellowship, and serve one another and those around us.  And as we are busy doing those things, God will find ways to invade our world with people he's drawing to himself.  The we get to be a part of pointing them to whatever is next in their spiritual journey, whether that's how to become a believer or just whatever the next step is for them right then.  Check up time, Seaside.

 

This afternoon we went to Cailyn's first birthday party.  She had a long nap right before, so she was in a great mood.  All the people seemed to intimidate her at first, but there were enough little people to distract her.  She didn't dive into her cake at first, so April crammed her hand into it.  She did fine from that point on, but tried to be very dainty and girly about the whole thing.  I got hit with one of my "spastic colon" spells.  I haven't had one in a really long time.  It entails severe stomach cramps, breaking out in a cold sweat, and a lot of time in the bathroom.  I felt bad for taking up the only guys bathroom for so long.  I tried coming out several times, but before long I was heading back.  One good thing came of it, though.  By the time it finally eased up enough to get me home, all the cleanup was finished.  I didn't even have to put stuff in the truck. 

 

Hey, that reminds me.  There are still some chairs and Jachin and Micah's table in the back of the truck.  And Chris is on her way to Bay City.  I'll have to call her and let her know to watch out for them.  She won't be back this time until Tuesday evening.  Cancer doc on Monday and heart doc on Tuesday.

 

Acts 2:42-47 says, "They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."

 

Father, watch over Chris as she drives, and Cailyn as she grows, and Seaside as we regroup.  Amen.


No comments: