Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29 – “Two more days to deal with it

Today was back to school day for me.  The Seaside Christian Academy administrative assistant can't be there on Fridays, so that is now my time to shine.  Or at least to be on site.  I thought of all kinds of woulda, coulda, shoulda's as far as my week's work is concerned.  It was kind of difficult to work on the sermon when all my commentaries and other resources were at home.  I planned to put together the sermon for Sunday night over in Crystal Beach, too.  I'm doing a baptism over there.  And I just found out that it is scheduled to be done in the beach.  Now that'll be cold.  Maybe they will change their mind.  I sure hope so.  It's cold enough in April when we do baptisms in the beach at our Easter Sunrise Service.

 

I did sort of an interview over the phone today.  A friend of April's called to see if we had anything she could do at the school.  Substitute, volunteer, whatever.  She just wanted some experience.  I told her to end me a resume and show up at 7:30 Monday morning.  We'll find a place for her.  At first I was thinking she could help out with the younger kids.  Then she told me she loved English and was a Communications major.  Only problem is she can only be here on Mondays and Tuesdays.  Well, then got a phone call that the lady who was going to sub in the English class can't do it after all.  So …. In the meantime Sophia emailed me her resume.  So I sent a note to Rita, the school board lady recommending that if she actually substitutes, we pay her whatever we would another substitute.  I don't think there will be any problem with that.  Still not sure what we can do the rest of the week, but the Lord gave us two more days to deal with it.   

 

I'm still looking for the third book in the Looking Glass Wars trilogy, Arch Enemy.  Hasn't made it to Galveston yet, I guess.  Maybe I'll just order it online.  We bought the newest Ted Dekker book this afternoon.  It's called Burn.  Haven't heard anything about it.  Dekker is good, but he's co-authoring, so the jury is still out.

 

1 Chronicles 16:23-25 says, "23 Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day.  24 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.  25 For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise"

 

Father, thank you for sending us Sophia.  Give her some of your strength and peace when she comes Monday.  Amen.


No comments: