Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27 – “Toyota, Bathsheba, Bookcases”

 

Toyota's in the headlines.  Just as we make a pretty firm decision to go with the Rav4, Toyota hits the headlines with a massive recall.  And not just any recall.  This one stops production on any new Rav4's, and doesn't even allow dealers to sell what they have in stock.  A whole passel of Toyota brands have a problem with a sticking gas pedal.  Not a happy problem to have.  And Lexus was having the same problem.  That's when I learned that Lexus is the parent company of Toyota.  Welcome to the family. 

So that puts us back on the trail of that Chevy Equinox that we saw was available last week at a dealership in Pearland.  It's a 2009, and has 6,000 miles or so on it.  At the time we thought it was a little pricey.  Maybe it is.  After all, they do still have it in stock.  But right now, as soon as we get our money transferred, we are going for it.

 

This morning I got started around 6:30 working on the teaching for Sunday.  The story of David and Bathsheba.  I researched and studied until lunchtime, and I still am learning new things.  This could very well be one of those six or seven week stallout passages.  I think we're going to take it slow, but maybe more like teaching through verse by verse and stopping when we run out of time each week.  I think it will go faster that way.  The study time has been fascinating.  Hope I can get ready by Sunday.  I know Friday I have to spend at the school, and tomorrow three of our grandkids are coming over.  I'll be able to work with them here, but I have a hunch I may have to take a few breaks here and there.

 

About the time Chris came in to make me stand up again and come for lunch, Nathan called to see if they could get copies of the pictures we took at Cailyn's birthday party.  As soon as I saw his picture on the phone I remembered.  We were supposed to go pick up the rest of the bookcases WaldenBooks donated to the school – before Friday.  I mentioned it to Nathan, and he said he had to work tomorrow and Friday, so it was today or never for him.  No such luck, Nathan.  We needed you and your truck.  And your friend's truck.  He came through.  A friend of his loaned us her truck, and Kel agreed to help supply the rest of the muscle.  We loaded up two bookcases on each truck and unloaded them at the school with just the three of us.  Actually the other two did all the hard work.  I was stuck with shelves and brackets.

 

Psalms 29:10-11 says, "10 The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord is enthroned as King forever.  11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace."

 


No comments: