Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14 – “No Closer”

 

We are no closer to getting a car today.  We did some more heavy research on the computer, though.  The Cobalt is still on top.  Nathan recommended a used Toyota SUV.  He said they really liked it when they were looking, and they found some prices near what we were seeing for the new Cobalt.  I don't think Chris wants to go for a used car this time.  And since she is making almost weekly trips to Bay City and back, I think I agree with her.  We will resume our search tomorrow.

 

I spent most of today getting ready for home group tonight.  We haven't met in a few weeks because of the holidays, so I'm not sure how many will come.  We're studying Philippians.  The real time consumer this afternoon was getting the songs together.  We are going high tech (at least for me!), so I have to choose songs ahead of time and create a power point for each one so we can show the words on the TV screen.  Six songs took it out of me.  Kel loaned us some speakers to use, and they work great.  He also loaned us a monitor cable that was about 20 feet long, but it had the wrong connection on one end.  That meant I had to pirate the one from our desktop again and sit pretty close to the TV.  I felt like I was sitting inside the fireplace. But we got it hooked up.

 

Nathan and April were over to use our internet, and they stayed for lunch.  Nathan changed the address on his driver's license about six weeks ago, and he realized that he never did get his permanent one on the mail.  And his temporary one expired.  When he called Austin to check on it, he found out that they typed in a totally different driver's license number on his permit, so he had been relegated to the ranks of the non-existent.  I think I saw that movie.  He had to go into a license office to correct it so they could see him face to face and prove he really existed.  Interesting.  I wonder what it would take to prove I really existed.  Deep.

 

Colossians 1:15-20 says, "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."

 

Father, yours is one existence I have no problem with.  Amen.


No comments: