Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1 – “Escape technique”

 

I felt pretty beat up when I woke up this morning.  It took me a long time to get to sleep.  Well, it took the Benadryl a long time to dry up my nose from  running and stop the sneezing.  And then I woke up at five.  I wanted to go to the school today.  Sophia was supposed to be there for the first time, and I wanted to meet her.  Sure hope the day went well for her.

 

Since I was going to be home anyway, and since April had a class this morning, and since Cailyn already had a cold, I "had" to babysit.  Cailyn and I had another DadDad and granddaughter day together, with a strong "taste" of MeeMaw mixed in to give it some flavor.  Cailyn was great, as usual.  I got to see her escape technique for climbing out of her crib.  She did it in the pac-n-play at naptime.  Well, she never actually made it out, because I was standing right there.  But she is strong.  She got in the corner and lifted herself up enough so she could hook a toe over the edge.  Then she used her leg strength to finish pulling herself up.  She uses the leverage of the corner to keep her balance.  Pretty ingenious kid.

 

I went to the bank today.  I was depositing some money into several different accounts, and the guy questioned one of them.  He said I hadn't used it in a long time, so was I sure it was the right one?  I didn't have any of the books with me, so I told him to put it into whichever account had the most and I would sort it out later.  Sure enough, I was right.  I had it going to the right account.  And sure enough, he was right.  I hadn't done anything with that account since December of 2008.  So now I'll have to go back to get the deposit corrected. 

 

I thought I would do that this afternoon, but I started working on our taxes.  I'm taking a break to finish this up, because I'm sure not going to finish them up right away.  I have done a summary of most of the stuff, but I still have left sales tax receipts and everything related to rebuilding our house.  I have to find all the receipts for the energy efficient windows and doors and AC unit and refrigerator and freezer and insulation, just to name a few.  I don't know.  Last year was sure easy to prepare taxes for.  We had no records.

 

Colossians 2:6-8 – "6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.  8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."

 

Father, help my roots grow strong in you.  Amen.


No comments: