Friday, February 19, 2010

February 19 – “Which way?”

Have you ever had a totally random thought hit you from nowhere?  The kind that has nothing to do with where you thought your thoughts were, but it forces its way to the surface and demands the right to be had.  This morning as I was leaving for Seaside Christian Academy I had one.  As I rounded the corner and approached the entrance to our subdivision (Gulf Village), there it was.  The thought from left field.  "I wonder which of the entrances to Gulf Village my Dad used to take when he went to work."  I wasn't thinking of my Dad.  I was thinking about which of the myriad of things on my to do list I would start with when I got to the school.  But there it was.  Now, why would I ever even care which entrance he used?  What difference does it make?  Maybe my inner self was wanting to "be like Daddy" again.  I wouldn't mind being like my Dad.  Or like my Father.

 

I tried to focus on the way home on what I would tell the joint doc as of now.  I'm cutting back on the steroids, but the aching is coming back pretty strong.  My left elbow is once again the primary culprit.  My finger joints are swelling again, and the general aching is back in my wrists, knuckles and knees. Chris said if it keeps up I have to call the doctor next week when she gets back from Bay City.

 

The water was turned off briefly at the school today.  It wouldn't have been a big deal, but the kindergarteners had been outside playing in the big pile of sand.  Their hands were really dirty.  But they were four and five years old.  They barely noticed.  They just wanted to talk about the mountain.

 

We're off to make a Sam's run for the church again.  This Sunday is Third Sunday Dinner on the Grounds, so we need to pick up some supplies.

 

Psalms 91:1-2 says, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  2 I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'"

 

Father, thanks for reminding me about my Dad this morning.  It was a WRM - warm random moment.  Amen.


No comments: