Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 7 – “Tape, Float, and Pray”

 

It was a great worship experience this morning.  Lanny, our worship pastor seemed to get caught up in worshipping, and we just followed along with him.  It's always great when that happens. 

 

Today we announced our fund raising campaign for getting in the school building.  We now have an "official" logo to keep track of our $30,000 goal.  It's a strip of the tape used in taping and floating.  It goes right down the middle of the door at the front of the room.  One side says Tape.  The other side says Float.  And in the middle it says Pray.  We have our very own jingle:

Tape, Float and Pray

Thirty-thousand by May

For SCA!

 OK.  I don't think it'll get as many hits as "Pants on the floor."  But maybe it'll help us remember.  Right after the visual was explained, our building guy, Hutch, read a letter from a school parent.  They spoke highly of the education their child has received so far at Seaside Christian Academy.  They also included a check for $1,000.  So, before we even got the visual up on the wall, God had already put $1,000 toward the cause.  Now all we need is 29 other people to do the same thing.

 

Tonight we are hosting the superbowl commercial party.  Chris is heading to Bay City for her Mom's surgery in the morning.  I asked several of the girls from church to come over to help.  I also told April I needed her to help hostess.  Here's one old dude who knows when he's in over his head.  I say bring on the troops.  I'll take all the help I can get.

 

Psalms 62:8 says, "8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."

 

Father, be my refuge.  I sure have a boatload of stuff in my heart for you.  Amen.


No comments: