Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8 – “Top Thirteen”

 

Well, the SOUPer bowl Commercial Party went well last night.  We had representatives decked out for each team (Kelly-Saints and Robert-Colts).  We had plenty of food (chili, little weenies in barbeque sauce, cake, lemon bars, round stuffed biscuit things, and more).  And we had widely varying ideas as to which was the best commercial of the year.  Because of the variance, following is a list of the top thirteen that caused emotive response from our viewers.  In no particular order, they are …

Old football dudes doing the shuffle (Time really liked this one the first time they did it back when he was young)

Don't touch my mom.  Don't touch my Doritos.  (This was Houston's favorite.  I think he was a bit frightened by the little kid)

Beaver playing the fiddle (Of course the girls liked this one.  It was a cute animal)

Talking flowers in a box (I kind of liked this one.  "Flowers in a box remind me of a coffin")

Kiss and Little Kiss (I even got a text from Kel after this one.  "I like little people")

Groundhog Little man (No one knew who the little football player groundhpog was, but we liked it)

Hurt feelings intel robot (Ah.  The girls all sighed sadly.  Poor robot.  Reminded me of Wall-E)

Animals reacting to carmax commercials (Yep.  Cute animals.  Even one that looked like my granddog, Scooter)

Denny's chickens (Great idea for these to show up here and there instead of all at once.  You finally started to root for them)

Savannah sleepwalker (Big favorite here.  Animals.  Adventure.  Danger.  A cute hyena being scratched behind the ears.  And all while he was asleep.  He's my hero)

Clydesdale & the longhorn – "especially not fences" (Definitely a "feel good" choice about fences not keeping true friends apart)

Samurai Doritos guy (Wacky enough to shock.  Give this guy the million dollars, Doritos)

Snickers betty White and Abe Vigoda (Everybody knew Betty White, but Mom didn't even remember Abe Vigoda.  Am I the only one who ever saw Barney Miller?)

 

Psalms 118:8-9 says, "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.  It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes."

 

Father, I trust you.  Please give me refuge.  Amen.


No comments: