Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October 7 – “Subway flatbread”

 

Today ranks up there with the long days I've had.  The first time I woke up was 2:30 a.m.  The, 3:15. Then 4:30.  I finally gave up at 5 and got up.  That usually happens a lot when Chris is gone.  She was in Bay City to take her Mom to a doctor's appointment this morning. 

 

The first part of the day was actually rather typical.  Except that I spent most of it in my office working on the sermon.  The plumber did come in.  After his inspection he told us one of the tankless hot water heaters was completely out.  And the company was out of business.  We could get another one, but he recommended a regular one in the kitchen near the sink.  Sounded good to me, especially when he recommended we call the same contractor who worked on out house.  He said he would make the call.

 

After lunch the Bible teacher called to say he would be about twenty minutes late.  Fortunately they are watching a video, so all I had to do was start it.  Then the PE teacher called to say she wouldn't be in at all because she was headed to the doctor.  It actually worked out OK, though.  We used that time to set up for the memorial service to be held at the church at 5:00.  It was good to have the help.  They got the pews set up and I did most of the sweeping. 

 

The Memorial service was great.  Very upbeat.  The guy was a Christian and had lots of friends and family.  His widow even asked what time services were Sunday.  Maybe we'll see her.

 

I talked to Chris after everybody left.  She talked me into getting something to eat before the service.  So I went over to Subway and tried one of their flatbread sandwiches.  It was pretty good.  Made the sandwich totally different.

 

After youth group the students helped reset for school.   One of the SCA students was so excited.  He wanted me to arrange for all of them to show up Friday to help set up for church.  He's usually the one who ends up unstacking all the pews.

 

Colossians 3:1 says, "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God."

 

Father, make my heart match yours.  Amen.


No comments: