Sunday, October 25, 2009

October 25 – “A Parable”

 

Today's teaching turned out to be more of a parable.  It was still about Mephibosheth.  I write it all out ahead of time.  That story had some phenomenal parallels to the story of salvation.  And as far as everyone who heard it was concerned, I'm certain they liked the fact that it only lasted about fifteen minutes.  I did get a lot of positive comments.. 

 

We had lots of visitors today.  Seems like they all snuck in while we were praying at the beginning of the service.  A new couple who came are new homeowners in Pirate's Cove.  And we had our usual batch of timeshare folks.

 

We had an official new member today as well.  Charles has been coming for several weeks now, and he has done a lot of stuff to help out around the church already.  Now if the seven others who have said they want baptism will follow through, we'll see some real excitement around here!

 

I tried to make a copy of our old web site from some files on my computer so I could send it to our new web design guy.  He said if I could get it to him, he could reconstruct it.  But I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I did finally get it to copy to a cd, so I'll give him that when I see him again.

 

Chris went to Bay City again this afternoon.  Her Mom has another chemo treatment tomorrow morning.  She should be back tomorrow night if everything goes okay.

 

This whole losing a PE teacher and having to come up with some kind of plan for one whole period of school has me stumped.  I talked to the old teacher today and she said she was getting together some of her stuff and would get it to me as soon as she could..  In the meantime I have to come up with something for nine high school students to do for 45 minutes right at the end of their day.  All ideas will be greatly appreciated!

 

John 7:46 says, "'No one ever spoke the way this man does,' the guards declared."

                     

Father, keep on speaking.  Sorry I take so long to start hearing.  Amen.


No comments: