Saturday, October 17, 2009

October 17 – “Skimming on the Wall”

 

I finally got a teaching ready for tomorrow.  Another one on David and his conquests.  This time it's more expository than story-telling.  Let's see if it's the one God wants to use.

A bunch of the Seaside students came by.  I think there were ten or eleven of them.  They were doing a fundraiser.  A guy in the church was paying them to put business cards on people's doors.  One of the territories was our neighborhood.

 

Chris put me to work in the yellow bedroom.  We hung two shelves.  She wanted to display some of the memorabilia from our sons' careers.  She managed to get some pictures and trophies and other odds and ends up there.  Then she decided to hang up Nathan's old skimboard.  We had it on the wall of his bedroom back before the storm.  We looked at some old photos to see where to put the supports.  I had some trouble with the screws, though.  I pretended that I was three or four years old and slapped at it.  Sure enough, it skimmed right off the supports.  I had to replace screws three times, and each time I had to use a progressively larger one of those sheetrock hanger things that you hammer into the wall.  We were on a roll then.  We went ahead and hung up a picture in Mom's room as well.  It's a painting of her house across the street.  She seemed pretty excited to have it up.

 

I tried several time to do something outside, since the weather was so nice.  I painted a little, and cleaned up some back yard stuff, and even started to organize the garage.  Every time I went outside, though, I eventually got hit by allergies really bad and had to come inside.  I feel like I got hit by a train.

 

Mom was into football today.  We watched some of Texas vs. Oklahoma and Tech vs. Nebraska, and then we saw the last 40 seconds of the Miami vs. Arkansas game. 

 

Kel called as we finished up supper.  Christina wanted to know if we had enough old newspapers to crumble up and fill up a garbage bag.  Chris' answer was, "What size garbage bag."  They are supposed to come over later and pick them up.

 

Isaiah 40:11 says, "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."

 

Father, let me be one of those lambs.  Amen.


No comments: