Thursday, October 29, 2009

October 29 – “Waiting”

 

I checked Weather Bug this morning.  Several times.  It assured me that the rain would be coming down in buckets today.  Fifty percent chance in the morning.  Seventy percent chance by afternoon.  We kept sneaking peaks out the windows expecting to see some precipitation.  It sure sounded like it on numerous occasions.  My bionic ears were tested to the max, especially when I went outside.  It was loud.  I could hear the waves.  For the first time I understood why they call it the "crashing" of the waves.  By four thirty there was still not a drop.  It got really foggy, though.  Doesn't that count as precipitation?  Anyway, we're still waiting.

 

The high school students gathered in the study circle after lunch today to work on their autobiographies.  I thought they were going to read them out loud.  I told Mick about it and he came to listen in for a peek into the students' lives.  I misunderstood.  They met in the circle all right, but they just exchanged papers and put edit marks on them as they discovered mistakes.  It was pretty interesting to watch the dynamics between them as they defended their papers to each other.

 

The electricians were working hard at the new building all day.  It seems to me that they pit the outside connection point pretty close to the ground. If we get another hurricane, or even a tropical storm, the water is bound to get up over it.  I hope they know what they are doing.  I sure don't.

 

Home group is tonight.  I'll be glad when I can work on the Bible study to prepare on the afternoon of the study without worrying about where we need a teacher or how I can fill in at PE time or what's going on in the lives of the kids that is making the behave live they do.

 

Chris teased Mom a bit today.  Chris was mopping and Mom walked to the door of the room.  Chris told her she better choose whether she wanted to come in and sit on the couch or stay out.  Mom insisted she could walk over the wet floors.  Chris insisted she couldn't.  Chris was afraid Mom might slip and fall.  But Mom didn't take the teasing too well.  She stormed into my study and sat in my chair.  That lasted a few minutes and all was forgotten.

 

1 Timothy 4:8 says, "Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."

 

Father, I'll watch, but I'm easily fooled.  I don't intend to give up..  Amen.


No comments: