Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October 13 – “Tankless”

 

The plumbers came to take a look at how much it will be to put in a hot water heater at the church building.  One guy came the other day and said the on demand tankless heater was dead.  He said we should consider putting in a regular "tanked" one in the kitchen.  But he also said to call the contractor he recommended and see what he said.  That's who came today.  The plumber with him was a different guy.  Actually, he was the guy who did our house, so it was good to see him again.  He crawled up in the attic and under the sink, and his recommendation was to replace the tankless one up in the attic.  He said they have come a long way, and he gave us some info on one that has a thirteen year warranty.  Not bad.  He didn't think it would be all that hard to replace, so I checked out the website.  They cost under four hundred dollars.  That's a lot less  than I expected.  Looks like that's the way we'll probably go.  Have to have hot water.

 

I got a haircut this afternoon.  The glass front door of the place had been broken into a million tiny pieces.  Someone had tried to burglarize them for the second time this month.  All the people who worked there were buzzing about taking all their belongings home with them at night and wondering whether the police got the same fingerprints as last time.  Fear certainly brought out the talkativeness in that bunch.

 

Chris texted and said she wouldn't be home for a while, so Mom and I went on to Luby's.  Where else?  She said it was the only place we could go where she would eat.  And even so, she didn't eat all that much this time.  Hope she's all right.

 

I have a Seaside Christian Academy school board meeting tonight.  I'm not sure what time.  I emailed and texted the president, but haven't heard back yet.  Guess I'll just be there at 7 and wait.  I think the Peyton Place stuff has played itself all out, so the meeting should be fairly calm.  Fund raising and grant writing and playground building and maybe a minute or two for the INTERIM headmaster to make a report.  I'm wondering where the newspaper ad for headmaster and teachers has disappeared to. Anyway, I hope I get home at some reasonable hour. 

 

Jury duty tomorrow.  I don't report until 1:30, though, so I still have to go to school and do the opening assembly.  I get to leave pretty soon after, though.

 

Colossians 4:2 says, "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."

 

Father, I am thankful.  I'm not so good at watchful, though.  Help me.  Amen.


No comments: