Monday, October 19, 2009

October 19 – “Cookies”

 

 My hands and left elbow are still pretty sore today.  I sure hope this wave goes away soon.  It has gone beyond annoying again.  Now the pain has begun to consume my thoughts and make it hard to concentrate.  My appointment with the rheumatologist is November 2nd.  I guess I'll have to make it.

 

I had another frustration at school today.  The kids were really great.  They are getting better and better.  But one of the teachers didn't show up today and didn't call.  It was one of the volunteers, so there's nothing I can do about it.  But now I have to develop a contingency plan in case she does it again or doesn't want to come back at all.  During that class today the kids played Monopoly.  That worked pretty well for most of them.  I really don't know what to do.    

 

We have been receiving calls about the teaching positions.  Several today were interested in elementary.  We have two or three possibilities for headmaster, but so far only one resume has been returned.  I'm praying several of the others will get their application back in so we can have a choice.  The guy who sent his resume used to work with my uncle.  I asked about him, and my uncle said he was a really hard worker.  I know that doesn't help much.  I guess we'll have to wait for an interview. 

 

I talked to Chris.  We were texting back and forth and I kept getting ahead of her.  She decided it would be easier to talk.  That was great by me.  Her Mom had chemo today, and her Dad has an appointment tomorrow, so I won't get to see her until tomorrow night.  She told me to ask Mom if she ate anything today.  I asked.  Ensure and some cookies.  We went to McAlisters Deli.  We both had a good meal.  And of course, a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. 

 

Luke 24:36-39 says, "While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, 'Peace be with you.'

37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, 'Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.'"

 

Father, I admit I am troubled.  Let me see you.  Amen.


No comments: