Saturday, October 24, 2009

October 24 – “Owners”

 

This morning what I thought would be about an hour interview with a headmaster candidate turned into two and a half hours.  He indicated that he is impressed with the Seaside way of doing church and school.  The interview team was impressed with his candor and qualifications.  It looks like he will be a part of Seaside Christian Academy in the next few weeks.  That means I need to get everything together and into a user friendly format for the transition.  He is going to come in several times before he begins to go over stuff with me and get the lay of the land.  I almost can't remember what it was like to concentrate on being a pastor.

 

This afternoon we went to the birthday party of two brothers who go to Seaside..  They had one of those bounce houses going.  The hamburgers were great.  I don't know what seasonings they used, but it was really good.  Chris got to meet several medical people.  I figured they were talking about UTMB or something.  She told me one lady wanted to know if we were the "Owners" of Seaside Church.  She was interested in the school, but she was also really interested in the church.  She had never been to a church that accepted people as they were, even to the point of not having to dress up on Sundays.  She said she would try to come.

 

We cleaned the church after the party.  After we got home Chris and I cut some boards to make a shelf to put over the television.  Kel and Christina and the boys came over and we heated up some pizza.  We ate it, too. 

 

Today's events have been quite a test for my new hearing aids.  We were inside IHOP for the interview.  That was by far the most difficult part of the day for my ears.  Very loud.  We were outside at the birthday party.  That wasn't so bad.  It was kind of hard to tell if the people I was hearing were talking to me, though.  Cleaning the church was quiet.  I had sweeping and mopping duty.  I took the hearing aids out when we cut the boards.  I knew I wouldn't be able to stand that level of noise.  I put them back in when the boys came over, though, and it really did seem to make a difference in how well I could understand Jachin and Micah.  I'm told I'll get used to it … hearing again. 

 

John 7:37-38 says, "On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, 'If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.'"

 

Father, let some of those streams flow tomorrow.  Draw some people to yourself.  Save someone and let us see it.  Amen.


1 comment:

fancynancykay said...

Kelley - continuing to pray for you in general, but specifically regarding the hearing aids. It IS a difficult transition from the deaf world to the hearing world... but hearing my granddaughter laugh, and my family's voices, and the sound of God's people lifting their voices to make a joyful noise in praise together... it's worth every second of the adjustment process!

Love you guys,
nanc