Friday, October 16, 2009

October 16 – “Spare Time Project”

 

Nothing very exciting happened at school today.  It was Friday – Subway Lunch Day – so the kids were glad for that.  The Bible and PE teacher both called in that they couldn't come.  The Bible teacher had a video for them to watch.  I had them help me clean up as PE, then let them leave early.  They didn't mind that, either..

 

Chris and I went to Home Depot this afternoon.  We picked up some boards so she could put up some shelves in one bedroom and over the TV.  One will be painter white and the other stained to match the hunk of furniture that the TV is sitting on.  Yet another "spare time project."  I'll never get to be a part of that one.

 

Jachin has another soccer game tonight, so we are planning to head over there after supper.  I don't know if they can beat the "cute factor" from last night.  I can't wait to find out.

 

We may go over to their house after the game.  Not to relax and enjoy the grandkids or anything.  Just to borrow the lawn mower, and maybe the gas weedeater they just had fixed.  Their neighbor fixed it for them.  He added gas.  I think I have some gas.  Maybe it'll work for me, too.

 

Nathan and April apparently spent some time over here today.  They used the computer this morning, then brought some stuff to store in our attic this afternoon.  I wasn't here either time, so I missed seeing Cailyn.  It's all a plot against me to keep me from learning how to most effectively spoil all the young female children related to me.  She needs me.

 

Matthew 6:8 says, "Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

 

Father, you know I don't know what you want me to say Sunday morning.  Do I need to know?  Apparently not yet.  Help me to wait on you.  Amen.


No comments: