Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 18 – “A Bad Hand Day”

 

Today was a bad hand day for me.  They started springing up every couple of days or so since about August.  Some days I dread shaking hands with people.  Today was close to that bad.  Every joint in my hand aches.  My knuckles swell up.  I have been afraid to wear my wedding ring because of that one.  My wrists hurt, too, so I unconsciously try to protect them by putting my hands in my pockets or by holding them up against my body.  I didn't know I was doing that until Chris told me. 

 

Speaking of Chris, she left this afternoon for another round of Bay City doctor appointments.  Her Mom's is in the morning.  Her Dad's was supposed to be in the afternoon, but they switched it to Tuesday.  Chris is pretty upset about that, because this is supposed to be his surgery followup visit.  He's already been to the emergency room since his surgery, and his surgeon still hasn't seen him.  Chris is supposed to come home Tuesday afternoon in time for Jachin's soccer game.

 

Church this morning went pretty well.  We started late, but everybody seemed to be following the teaching and not falling asleep.  One single man who has been visiting for awhile said he wanted to join up.  He actually already has as far as participation is concerned.  He brought some ribs for dinner on the grounds, and he helped set up and clean up.

 

Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

 

Father, once again, I just needed to hear that today.  Rest.  Gentle.  Easy.  Light.  Amen.


1 comment:

SOBC Rob said...

A bad hand day, I thought you meant the kind I have, where I go to shake someone's hand and all I get is their fingers in my hand or vice versa. I have those all the time. Sorry to hear about your hands. Sounds painful and annoying.