Friday, October 23, 2009

October 23 – “Just plain old”

 

Today was hearing aid day.  We headed for Houston this morning to pick up Mom's repaired hearing aid and my TWO brand new ones.  That's right.  I am officially "just plain old" rather than "getting pretty old."  I have devices crammed into each ear, and they are supposed to remove all excuses from my marriage communication portfolio.  They are also supposed to guarantee a quieter setting on the television.  We stopped by Luby's (They still have one in Houston) on the way home.  It was loud in there.  Everything sounded like it was amplified by a microphone in a room full of nothing but tile.  Oh, wait.  It was.  Even after we got home I was still amazed at how loud everything was..  We also have a lot of tile..  I do remember something in school about sound bouncing around off of hard stuff.  It does. 

 

I called the air card people to reinstall the software so I can use the air card again.  We uninstalled it yesterday when we were trying to "fix" it.  Then it wouldn't reinstall.  The tech was very nice.  She went through the whole rigamorole of trying this and checking that.  Finally she said, "I guess the only thing we can do now is have you go somewhere and download the software off of the internet."  That's all I wanted to do it the first place.  The air card works fine now.  Now I need to figure out why the wireless connection won't work.  I have an idea on that one, but I don't know if it will work.  I'm going to load the software that came with the router on the desktop and see if it will pick up the laptop as the "extra."  Who knows.

 

A really good friend of ours who moved to Washington State came by this afternoon.  We haven't seen Kathy in a long time.  She was down to take care of some business and see her mom. 

 

Chris wants to build a shelf in the room where our freezer is.  Right now we have one of those metal shelves that really should be in the garage.  It's full of toys.  Except for the hand sanitizer and wasp killer on the top.  She said she had it all up in her head and it was up to me to help her get it out and build it.  I told her to draw me a picture.  She handed me a piece of paper with three or four lines scribbled on it.  I handed that back and asked for at least three dimensions.  The next version is still in production.

 

John 6:35 says, "Then Jesus declared, 'I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.'"

 

Father, help me think about you when I get hungry or thirsty.  We'll spend a lot more time together that way.  Amen.


No comments: