Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1 – “No joke”

 

We helped Nathan and April and Cailyn move today.  Upstairs.  Downstairs.  Upstairs.  After awhile I think it was all upstairs.  And they're not even sure they will be staying in that apartment.  There was a myriad of lamentable little cosmetic snafus.  But there was one that was pretty big.  The air conditioning vents were full of mold.  Nathan got the manager in right away, and maintenance came quickly.  We'll see.  I did get in a few April Fool's jokes on April today.  The last one was when I told her that as far as I knew we only lost one bag off the trucks when we were driving.  Nathan joined me.  He told her to keep an eye out for what might be missing as she unpacked.  When we got out of earshot and were able to laugh, he said her whole face reacted when I said it.  Now that I think about it, I forgot to say "April Fool."  Hope Nathan did.  Their apartment is just down the street from our house in Galveston, so we'll get to see Cailyn every now and then.  Even if we have to go over there ourselves. 

 

We went to the house to look at the cement floors that were poured in the hall bathroom and the added part of the kitchen.  And to pick up our cabinets that were in Mom's garage.  We ended up carrying a bunch of other stuff over to our back yard.  And while we were there our contractor drove up.  He asked us to move all of our personal tools and leftover insulation out of the way, because the sheetrockers needed access to all the walls tomorrow.  He also gave us an option.  We could throw away all the extra wood and small pieces of sheetrock, or he would have his guys do it tomorrow.  They won.  But while he and Chris went over some stuff about the cabinets and electricity, I moved most of our stuff to the back yard.  We had to make a quick trip to take the insulation to Kel and Christina's.  It'll be a big help at their house. 

 

I didn't think we'd ever finish moving stuff from one place to another.  I am sore all over and exhausted.  Basically I feel like I did every day of October and November last year when we were cleaning up after the storm.  I'm tired.

 

Psalm 94:19 says, "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."

 

Father, thanks for showing me that verse today.  And thanks for your consolation.  Amen.


No comments: