Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 31 – “Last Night”

 

We waited all morning for a call from the floor guy.  He was supposed to meet us at the house and show us some tile for the shower and the wall around the bathtub.  Finally, around 11:15, Mom said something about going to Luby's.  After all, it is Tuesday, and we go to Luby's on Tuesday.  Even if it is two days in a row.  I had the fried shrimp.

 

We went by the house and stopped at Randall's for a prescription.  This one was for me.  A refill on my nerve pain drug - neurontin.  But because two different doctors have been involved, they had to fax it over to him.  I was supposed to call his office, but we didn't get home until after five.  After Randall's we went to WalMart.  Finally, somewhere between the ice cream and the sewing notions, the floor guy called. 

 

Chris picked out the tiles and even chose a stain color for the wood floors.  They will start building up the kitchen and bathroom floors tomorrow.  Sounds like he's just been waiting for our meeting to get started on the job.  If he gets going and the sheetrock guy gets going, there's going to be lots of activity on our side of Sycamore.  I can't wait.

 

The big news around our house has nothing to do with our house, though.  Tonight is Cailyn's last night with us.  I know.  That sounds sad.  It's not like we'll never see her again.  It's just that her mom and dad got an apartment and they want her to move with them.  What are they thinking?  Chris told them they could go on without her.  Mom said they had to bring her over every night.  We love that sweet little thing.  I guess we'll help them move tomorrow.  We do have a truck and all. 

 

I'm getting close to admitting that I should go to the doctor again.  I think I may have a sinus infection this time.  I thought it would get better on its own given enough time.  Maybe sometime Thursday.

 

Psalms 107:1-3 says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.  Let the redeemed of the Lord say this — those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south."

 

Father, thank you for the special time you have given us with Nathan, April and Cailyn.  I guess that means we have to say thanks for Ike, too.  Without him we wouldn't have had this time together.  Amen.


No comments: