Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9 – “Questions”

 

We went by the house today, anxious to see the last bit of electrical work totally completed and the inspector on his way.  Not happening.  No one was there working.  I even had a check to pay for the plumbing work that has been done so far.  But the contractor was not there, either.  It is tough to go from the super high of getting a roof and electricians everywhere to an empty house. 

 

On a positive note, the group called Nehemiah's Vision actually paid for our insulation and sheetrock.  They are coming to Galveston over Spring Break with a bunch of volunteers.  They are doing a lot of work at Seaside.  So we followed our instructions and went to McCoy's to order sheetrock and insulation.  We pick up insulation on Wednesday and sheetrock is delivered on Thursday.

 

But I'm worried that we may not get to start.  That's not a big deal on the insulation.  We are doing that ourselves.  Kel and Christina and Nathan and Chris and I are all going to pitch in and have a stapling party.  But a group from Josh's church in Arlington is coming in Thursday to start on sheetrock.  That opens up all kinds of questions.  Does electrical have to have passed inspection?  Will the Air Conditioning guy have time to get all the duct work run?  Will we be able to get the attic floor in without too much trouble?  Questions. 

 

Back in Omega Bay I started wading through computer work and phone calls.  I called our contractor.  No answer.  Left a message.  I returned a call about a wedding for June 27.  Something about that date sounded familiar.  I checked my books and discovered that I already had a wedding scheduled for that day at 6:30.  But this new one is at 11:30 in the morning.  I called them back, and it's doable, so that's definitely going to be "Wedding Day" for me. 

 

Chris went to her mom's this afternoon.  Her Mom has another doctor's appointment tomorrow in Houston, and Chris drives them.  This has to be taking a toll on her.  It sure is on me.   We are tired.

 

Takes me back to Isaiah 40:30-31: "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

 

Father, give me rest.  Give Chris rest.  Amen.


No comments: