Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 22 – “Heal me …”

Last night we had more out of town guests.  Our friends from Arlington who loaned us the trailer came back to pick it up.  They didn't stay long.  Just overnight.  It was good to see them, but it was sure a hectic week.

 

At church there was great excitement afoot about the brand new lights and missing ceiling tiles and hanging ceiling fan wires.  It showed that things are moving forward.  Everyone was pretty excited about seeing the framing in the new building, too. 

 

When we got home I collapsed on the couch.  I felt like I had the flu – cough, aching all over.  You've seen the TV commercials.  I turned on one of the NCAA tournament basketball games and proceeded to crash.

 

I slept for awhile, and when I woke to the melodious sound of Cailyn crying, I went with Chris to Lowe's to look for countertops for the vanities we bought.  Our contractor needs to know what the edges look like so he can build a linen closet for the guest bathroom.  To say we had no luck would be a nice way of putting this particular excursion.  Chris said she was rapidly approaching her point of maximum frustration.  It was time to go home.  Well, that was the problem, actually.  We desperately wanted to go home.  But we settled for the house in Omega Bay for now.

 

Jeremiah 17:14 says, "Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."

 

Father, this is one of those days when I feel like I need healing.  I praise you.  Amen.


No comments: