Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 15 – “That’s a good one”

 

Well, this morning all our Arlington friends and workers joined us at Seaside.  They had time to worship with us before they had to head back home.  It was sad to see them go.  I guess we can remember them every tinme we look at our ceiling.

 

They weren't the only ones to join us at Seaside this morning.  A large group of Spring Break workers came as well.  They were from three of the groups who have been assigned to work at Seaside next week.  Actually, the Nehemiah's Vision project leader who was there only expected two groups.  He said there wasn't going to be room for over thirty people.  They would just get in each other's way.  Come to find out, one of the groups was assigned to Seaside when their outdoor project was canceled.  When I heard that, I said, "I know of an inside project you can do … sheetrock my house."  I expected to have to make a few phone calls to follow proper procedures.  In fact, the first person I mentioned it to said just that.  He gave me the guy's number.  But then he said to wait a minute.  Instead of having me make that call, he said that he would send over one of their crews.  He introduced me to their team leader, Richard.  As we talked, Richard asked, "When do you want us to come over?"  "Whenever you can," was my reply, desperately hoping that they could be there early in the week.  And his answer to that?  "How about right now?  We came down here to work."  I went inside to get Chris and Mom and we headed for the house. 

 

By around 2:30, they had ten or fifteen people cutting and hanging sheetrock and insulation.  I joined the insulator.  They got quite a few things done, and they plan to be back in the morning at 8.  You're right.  I have to be there.  And I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open to write.

 

On my way home I remembered last night's blog.  The one about being disappointed.  That's a good one, Lord!

 

1 John 4:16 says, "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.  God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him."

 

Father, forgive my disappointment.  Thank you for inspiring trust.  Amen.


No comments: