Friday, March 27, 2009

March 26 – “Day Off”

 

 

Today we decided to do something we haven't done in a long time.  We took a day off.  Scooter and I did a little fishing.  Chris brought me a cup of coffee and a breakfast burrito. 

 

I don't remember anything else we did until we went into town to meet the group from Midland that came to work on our yard.  They are staying in Pirate's Beach.  Our contacts there are a couple we know from Denver.  She was on the basketball team I coached.  He was in the youth group of the church where I worked.  I got to baptize her on her eighteenth birthday here in Galveston.  It was great to see them again.

 

Genesis 2:2 says, "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

 

Father, thank you for giving us the example of resting.  Forgive me for not following your example.  Amen.


No comments: