Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13 – “Sandblasted”

 

This morning I had a marathon session of my own with our contractor.  I thought Chris had to be there for that to happen.  I met him at the house.  He came to mark some areas for the sheetrockers to redo.  When he finished I asked him one specific question about the interior door order.  He then had me walk the house with him – twice.  He counted every door and matched it to the order sheet we had.  We found out that the total number of doors was correct, but the specific kinds of doors were wrong.  Glad we got that cleared up. 

 

I almost forgot that I was supposed to babysit Jachin and Micah while Kel took Christina to a doctor's appointment.  Kel called to remind in plenty of time, though.  Mom decided to come with me.  Micah slept the whole time, and Jachin was in a highly creative mood with legos.  He said he was trying to create one good enough to win a five dollar gift certificate prize from the legos people.  Now that's motivation.

 

Nathan called while I was there to let me know the fireplace was ready.  A friend of his sandblasted it and some iron skillets for us.  They were really rusted after swimming with Ike.  After Christina called to let me know they were on the way home, I left the boys with Mom and went to pick up the stash.  It looks really amazing.  On the outside.  For some reason he didn't do the inside.  On the inside it doesn't look any different than it did when we took it to him. 

 

Wow.  There it is again.  Maybe God is trying to get something across here.  Pretty on the outside, filthy within.  Sounds like Jesus talking to the Pharisees. 

 

Matthew 23:27-28 says, "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.  In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness."

 

Father, I'm listening.  Does someone else need to?  Amen.


No comments: