Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14 – “Slipped filter”


 

The sheetrockers got their work officially approved by the contractor today.  That means the house will be textured tomorrow.  Didn't I just say that a few days ago?  The kitchen cabinets due in Houston tomorrow.  They're supposed to call us and set up a time to install them.  Now we won't have to cover them up when we texture the walls.

 

This afternoon I began wirebrushing the rest of the fireplace.  I started out by wet/dry vacuuming the inside.  It had a lot of the sandblasted dust still there.  I pushed the machine behind me and bent over the task.  When I finished I tried to blow the dust off of my glasses, but it didn't help.  That's when I turned around.  The filter inside the machine slipped down, causing a blockage.  As a result the dust had been spewing out the exhaust all over the garage.  There was dust in a v-shaped pattern running from the machine to the back wall, and a cloud of dust hovered in the room.  I hurried to open the back door, and the cloud that rushed out looked like the building was on fire.  I had to clean out the inside of the machine, then turn it on to blow the dust out of the engine.  Then I had to use it to clean the floor.  Finally, I turned to the job.  I had promised Chris I wouldn't work on the fireplace itself while it was inside (something about dust flying all over the place).  Instead I took the only two parts that were loose – a handle to hold a pot over the flame, and the initial piece of the smokestack.  I used an electric drill and a wire brush attachment.  By the time I finished with those two little pieces, I was worn out.  I'm so thankful for Nathan's buddy who sandblasted the outside for us.  I think it's going to take awhile to finish.  And the problem is, we also have to paint it as soon as possible with high heat paint or the sandblast job will start to reverse itself.

 

I went to the Seaside Christian Academy school board meeting tonight.  They talked about the school handbook for awhile, but the big news was, the Headmaster resigned.  He was a guy who has been volunteering in the position for three years.  Looks like now we need to hire a headmaster, an English teacher, and a math teacher, or some combination thereof.  We could use some help out there!  Anybody know somebody?

 

Check out Psalm 15: "Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary?  Who may live on your holy hill?  He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.  He who does these things will never be shaken."

 

Father, I want to be a man like that.  I want my sons to be like that.  I want my grandsons to be like that.  I want my granddaughter to marry a guy like that.  Amen.


No comments: