Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 19 – “Just a Sunday”

 

 

Today was just a Sunday.  Not much out of the ordinary happened.  We stopped by the house on the way to church and rued the leak one more time.  We saw the place that the actual leak seems to have begun.  Just under where the old smokestack used to be.  That would be in the flat roof that hasn't yet been completed.  Looks like the water came through there and followed the electrical wiring over to the box.  There are water stains in the sheetrock near that entry point.  I don't know if that means we have to replace all that sheetrock and insulation or if it'll dry out.  I also don't know what the status is on our new roof, but I'm sure going to call the contractor first thing Monday morning.

 

Church was great.  Not very many people there today,  but the ones who came were in great spirits.  And then we had Third Sunday Dinner on the grounds.  How bad can that be?  Plenty of food, and no one wanted to rush home after we ate.  It was nice.

 

I went fishing for awhile when we got home.  All I caught was two hardheads.  But I listened to the Astros game.  I always enjoy that, even when they lose.  That's a good thing, since they are off to another terrible start.


After the game I spent some time cleaning stamps that went through Ike.  Kel had a collection and it is in pretty bad shape.  I don't know if he still wants any of it or not, but I gave it my best shot.

 

We went to Whataburger for supper.  Mom wanted a chocolate milkshake.  That's all.  Just a chocolate milkshake.  On this Just a Sunday.

 

The best thing about today being just a Sunday is that Chris was here.  Tomorrow begins that horrific week she's facing.  After taking my Mom to the hearing aid place in Houston in the morning, she heads for Bay City and will not be home until sometime Thursday evening or maybe Friday.  I already miss her.

 

1 Timothy 1:17 says, "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."

 

Father, thanks for Sundays.  Even just a Sunday's.  Amen.


No comments: