Thursday, April 2, 2009

April 2 – “Slopping mud”

 

I spent the morning in front of the computer again.  I had to get ready to teach at Seaside Christian Academy this afternoon.  As it turned out the lesson only lasted about thirty minutes.  I guess I'm just stuck in Sunday morning preaching mode.  It was fun to sit around and talk with the kids after the lesson, though.  They made those goofy little things that you put on your fingers.  You choose a number from the ones showing, then the holder switches it back and forth.  And so the game goes until suddenly you get to see what is written under that number.  Usually it's something cheesy, like "You're sweet," or some mysterious fortune, like "You are going to marry someone with blue eyes."  Actually, the ones I remember from school weren't nearly as nice as these were.

 

After school Chris and Nathan and I met at the house.  We were going to do a last-minute check of mom's garage.  There were a few boards that were shelves that we decided to hang on to.  A little rolling stool.  An antique blowtorch (I think).  Not much else.  Nathan got jet ski out.  He wants to sell it to help pay bills, so he plans to have it serviced.  Know anybody who wants to buy one?  We also dug up some lilies that Mom has growing like weeds behind her house.  Chris wants to plant them where our box bushes used to be on the side of the house.

 

Speaking of the house, all the basic sheetrocking is done.  They appear to be ready to start slopping mud on the walls next.  That'll be tomorrow.

 

I went to WalMart and Target with Chris.  It somehow felt almost a little like normal used to be back when we would do our shopping together and get all our talking done.  It's been a long time.  I remember.

 

Psalm 143:5-6 says, "I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.    I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.

 

Father, it was good to remember times with Chris today.  It's good to remember times with you as well.  Amen.


No comments: