Friday, April 24, 2009

April 24 – “Coconut Bra”

 

No roofers today.  Actually one guy finally came by around 3:00 with some of that roofing patch tar.  He went up and tried to glue the temporary patches a little better.  That didn't bode so well for getting a permanent flat roof any time soon.  One good thing, though.  We got a letter from the Texas Windstorm Association.  Seems that we made a request that they postpone canceling coverage on our house and give us more time to get our new roof.  They gave us until September of 2009.  I don't remember ever making that request, but it was certainly appreciated, especially in light of today's lack of progress.

 

We took Mom to Moody Gardens for a luncheon.  It's the one where she was in a style show wearing a grass skirt and a coconut bra (over her clothes, of course).  She said she was a big hit and even got a call for an encore.  She went up to this one guy I went to high school with and seductively put her arm around him and said, "Hello, there, Robert."  Sounds like he was appropriately mortified.  That's my Mom.  She taught me everything I know.

 

We did some work in the front yard today.  We were going to try to begin wading through the salvage stuff in the backyard, but Chris was still pretty beat emotionally and physically, so we shifted to the flower bed – something she loves.  We moved a bunch of big decorative stones from the back yard to the front as well as four or five of those landscape timbers – heavy ones.  It is looking better. 

 

We finally gave up and headed home.  Mom, who got a ride to the house after her banquet, had to go to the bathroom.  Now that was a turn of events.  When I was growing up it was always me who had to go and couldn't wait.  We went to Kel and Christina's.  Micah had an interesting thing to share with me.  They went to the library and he checked out a book he wanted to show me.  Christina told him to tell me what it was about.  He immediately said, "Go Astros."  Well, that's my grandson.  She turned the book over and showed it to me.  It was a history of the old Negro Baseball League with a guy in a baseball uniform on the cover.  Of course it was about the Astros.  What other team is there?

 

Psalms 62:11-12 says, "One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving."

 

Father, I love my wife.  And my Mom.  And my grandkids.  And their parents (of course).  Thank you for loving me.  Amen.


No comments: