Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16 – “Sheetrock Humor”

 

I found out the "scoop" on the texture guys, so no "slinging mud."  Ha!  A little sheetrock humor there.  I did find out what happened yesterday.  Seems the texture guys got there sometime after five p.m. and found the door locked, so they couldn't work.  This morning our contractor called and asked if we were the culprits who locked up.  Amazingly enough, it wasn't us.  Best we can figure it was probably the plumber working next door.  We let him use our electricity, so he promised to lock up when he was done.  They couldn't get in this morning either, so the contractor had to let them in.  Oh, did I mention that they did it?  We have texture.  I guess when it dries we can go ahead and start painting it.  That means picking out colors.  I'm glad Mom and Chris are well on the way to having that done. 

 

Chris left around 7:30 this morning for the next round of chauffeuring her Mom and Dad to Houston.  Her Mom had an appointment today, and her Dad is having foot surgery tomorrow.  Next Monday my Mom has a hearing aid checkup.  Next Tuesday and Wednesday her Mom has a couple more appointments.  Then soon after that she begins another round of chemo.  Things are going to be hectic around here, to say the least.

 

I started actually painting the outside of the fireplace today.  We decided we should get it done as soon as possible to cover up the miraculously appearing fingerprints.  The high heat paint said only one coat was needed, but after looking at it as it dries, I'm not convinced.  You can still see the brush streaks.  Of course that's probably due to operator error.  Maybe after it completely dries we can buy one can of the high heat spray paint and give it a different look.  It already looks much better though.

 

The kids at Seaside Christian Academy were great today.  They all seemed to follow the story the whole time.  Maybe that's the secret – just tell stories. 

 

Psalms 31:14-15 says, "But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.'  My times are in your hands."

 


No comments: