Tuesday, February 7, 2023

February 7 - “Early start”

I was up and at ‘em early yesterday. Busy week ahead. I had to plan two home group Bible studies (I have jury duty next week, so just looking ahead). I’m also scheduled to preach this Sunday, so I had to get started with the background and word studies.

 

Then we had to take Sam up into Texas for her blood test and doctor checkin and cancer treatment infusion. This one took a very long time. I did some more studying for the sermon, and even sketched out somewhat of an outline to hang everything on. Still have a long way to go, though.

 

We stopped for some lupper at Gringos in Texas City. Too early for supper, but we didn’t have lunch, hence … lupper. Great queso. I tried their nachos. Not all that impressive. Not terrible, though.

 

Today is Chris’ turn again.  At least we are in town.  The appointment is at 7 a.m., though.  She’s not too thrilled about that.

 

John 10:10 says, The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

 

Father, please use the infusions and bloodwork and all the other random information gathering to work together for good for Sam. Amen.

No comments: