Monday, February 13, 2023

February 13 - “Dusting off the old preacher”

Yesterday was an exciting one for me. I got to preach at Seaside again for the first time in about a year. I dusted off my Visual Verse skills and even tossed in some wacky history (with props, of course).  It was probably overkill on my part, but I was excited to get the chance. Not sure what the people thought, but I at least I enjoyed it.

 

And we had a wild and crazy crowd at the Super Bowl Commercials Party last night. Folks came from as far away as Brenham and as close as our new neighbors four houses down just to be here for the fun. Lots of prizes were awarded in the Bingo games (especially to Sandy). And of course the food was fantastic. Always a great time with great folks.

 

Today I am heading over to the courthouse for my week of jury duty. Have to be there by 8:45.

 

Galatians 1:10 says, Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ”

 

Father, please be with me and the other prospective jurors today and the rest of the week. Amen.

No comments: