Wednesday, February 15, 2023

February 15 - “Valentines Day Ninja”

I know. This is the day after. But I’m telling the events of the day before, so I’m in the future telling about the past by living in the present. Confused yet?

 

I started my day really early. I mean really. I got out of bed around 4:30. Crazy. But I was awake, and the c-pap machine was making a lot of racket, so I just got up. It was convenient, anyway, for me to perform my usual Valentines Day ninja antics. I get up early and arrive at the store at 6 a.m. 

 

Now, yesterday was a bit different. I actually grabbed some bananas and a pineapple and some toothpaste, but that wasn’t what I was there for. Nope. My Ninja Valentines Day Challenge has always been to get to the store, get Chris some pretty flowers (like this year’s yellow roses with red tips. Odd, but quite beautiful), and have them back at the house before she ever gets out of bed. Needless to say, this time it was pretty easy.

 

Speaking of Valentines Day … Several days ago I happened to be in the store and all of their stuffed animals were on sale. Half price. Couldn’t resist. What better Valentines Day gift than this?  I got Chris a wacky dog that shakes it’s head and makes … noise. I also have an extra Valentine around here named Sam, so I found her a cuddly little stuffed cat. Best kind. Her real kitty baby is staying with Cathy from church while Sam is with us. Happy Valentines Day, girls!

 

Romans 12:10 says, Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

 

Father, thank you for Chris. She has been an amazing gift - the perfect Valentine for me. But then I guess you knew that, didn’t you?  Amen.

 

No comments: