Thursday, February 23, 2023

February 23 - “Virus”

I actually joined Chris for a tasty morsel of her morning walk. She went two and a half miles. I went the first half mile. My back felt pretty good. My hip barked at me, though. Guess I just need to get used to it.

 

She gave me a second chance to keep up later in the morning. We went to Walmart. Lots of walking there.

 

We heard from the Waco patient. AnnaGrace was scarfing down the beloved (NOT) iodine for a CT scan with contrast. The preliminary report was that no surgery is necessary at this time. That’s good news. But they still need to keep a close eye on her over the next week or so. It is officially unofficially a virus.

 

Last night we resumed the Ash Wednesday service at Seaside. It has been a few years, and Kel asked me to be involved in leading it.  It was the first time to try an Ash Wednesday with the new computer. It did fine during the teaching, but when we got to the Litany, it figured out seven different ways to crash. Guess it must be Baptist …

 

Joel 2:12-13 says, Even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” 13 Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.”

 

Father, thank you for the good news about AnnaGrace. Please heal her quickly. And please let Josh and Christi get some sleep (especially Christi). Amen.

No comments: