Friday, February 3, 2023

February 3 – “Back at work?”

I actually slept pretty well night before last … finally. Those steroids were finally wearing off. And when they did, I was exhausted. Now I’m anxious to see what the end result will be next week.

 

As it turned out, I guess I really needed the sleep. The rest of the day felt like I was back at work at the church.

 

I spent the bulk of the morning pulling together our income tax stuff. We’ll be in Hawaii in April when it comes due. Honestly, I am not at all sure how to go about even doing the prep work now that I’m retired. I’m sure glad Josh hooked me up with a good accountant.

 

In the afternoon I made some time to do a hospital visit to see the family of our firefighter who is in ICU. From there I stopped by the funeral home to pay my respects to the family of a very sweet lady who was a great encourager to me when I first became a Christian. I was a high school classmate of her daughter at the time.

 

Next it was a quick stop at Walmart for cookies and bacon. Cookies were for home group. Bacon was for the pancake breakfast at the church on Saturday. Come eat!

 

Next, I had a stop at Little Caesar’s Pizza. We were expecting three extra Vaughan younguns at the house while mom and dad went to a banquet, so we had a pizza banquet of our own.

 

Speaking of Home group … we had a full house. Just about everybody was there. We finished up 1 Samuel 7 (which we have been in for a month or so).  Gotta love those cliff hangers.

 

Oh, and the Galveston Fiddler Crab Jerry crawled out of his hole and played for a while on the beach. None of this six more weeks of winter for us. Bring on the sun!

 

James 1:2-3 says, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.”

 

Father, please continue to walk with Andy’s family through the toughest thing they have faced thus far. Amen.

No comments: