Saturday, February 18, 2023

February 18 - “Wait ‘til next year”


Remember that “not hurricane worse” I mentioned yesterday?  Well, it got here. When I got up at 5 a.m., the temperature was 40 degrees, and the wind was audibly whipping threw the trees. The wind chill was an icy 30.  That would be the below freezing 30. Brrrrrr. And we had to load up the car and be on our way North by 7 to get to Zakary’s basketball game. 


Good ol’ downtown Houston traffic delayed us just enough that we missed the start of the game … and Zak’s injury. He rolled his ankle pretty badly. When we got there I volunteered my services as trainer. All that means is, I went down to the bench and taped his ankle (just like I learned to do back in college) to see if the extra support would help. 


It didn’t take long for me to reach my storied athletic trainer opinion. I listened to him talk and watched him walk. Nope. I recommended to him and his coaches that he not play. Not that they had any reason to listen to me or heed my advice in any way. But he didn’t go back in. Nice choice, Coach. Oh.  They ended up losing the game … by a lot. Oh, well. Wait ‘til next year, right? 


Galatians‬ ‭5‬‬:‭16‬ says, “So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”


Father, please do some healing in Zak’s ankle and knee. Amen. 

No comments: